Monday, September 8, 2008

Entry 3

I really had fun with this assignment. I believe that constructive criticism is that absolute best way to number one find any mistakes that you over looked and to hear what others thought of your work. By "hearing what they have to say and applying all that you find useful, I do believe that it makes a better body of work. On that note I had three responses to my essay. The first was well thought out and had some great things for me to look at. It stated that though my essay introduction was good I needed to consider changing the conclusion. The reader felt as if the conclusion ended with me making a judgement call on whether I believed that telekinesis/ psychokinesis was real. I went over my paper several times and I see where she could have thought that I was leading towards persuasion but I think I will keep the original conclusion. I feel like it wraps up everything that I have covered in the body of the paragraph and leaves the reader with something to think about. The next item to work on is my works cited page. The same reader said that it was not in alphabetical order and that my resources were not indented. Again the indention I think came from me copying and pasting it to the page, as far as the alphabetical order I did look at that and believe that I have made the correct changes. I have been out of school for awhile and learning the MLA format is a whole new thing. Other then those two items there really wasn't a whole lot of substance to look at and consider. Which is flattering that the people who read it enjoyed it and felt that I completed the task at hand correctly, or close to correctly.

No comments: