Friday, September 19, 2008

Blog #5

I thought that this next assignment would be fantastically easy. Write a persausive paper on a choosen topic. That was until I read the websites on how to write an effective persausive paper. Now the task seems a little bit daunting.
What I have learned from the websites will definitely prove to be helpful. I need to be very specific in my thesis statement. I need to address what I am discussing in the introduction and do so in a captivating way. I also need to consider who my audience is and what there opinions might be. I need to persuade them to agree with my ideas not force them into doing so. I do this by being specific, having sources that are extremely credible and by backing my sources up with specific information. To persuade I must be knowledgeable and use sources that are well respected. I believe that if I stick to what I have learned I will write a great persuasive essay.

No comments: