Friday, December 5, 2008

Entry 9

I have learned so much this semester. I did not have a clue about some of the different formats like APA and MLA, when I started. I quickly learned about them and did my best to apply what I had learned. Of course the main thing that I struggled with was the information I was learning about. MLA is pretty specific and learning how to format it correctly was difficult for me. When I went to high school we only had to complete a bibliography. There was nothing about MLA formats so I found it hard to break my old habits. I do think that throughout the semester I improved on my MLA style and by the last essay I found it was easier for me to do. The easy part of all of this was the actual writing assignments. I find that writing comes fairly easily to me and I enjoy doing it. I think overall I had some great essays, they may not have always been formatted correctly, but they were decent in substance. I also thoroughly enjoyed the theme of this semester. At first I was taken back by the thought of writing about the paranormal, I am a big chicken. I was terrified about having to study one of my phobias. In the end I think I found a balance between what I was comfortable with and what we were asked to do. Overall, I really enjoyed the class and am happy with the work that I turned in. I am almost sad that it has ended, I was just getting the hand of it. It was fun to be able to read the other essays from the class, I found that it was with the pier review that I learned the most. Plus it was really fun to hear what others thought about my work. I also believe that by reading what others have done it helps with my essays. I am really happy I choose to take this class online because it really was not only a part of my general education classes, but it was fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oho good dear !!!! very intersting blog and a good posting !!! you must maintain your blog, its intresting !!! Nice Buddy
________________________________

How To Write A Research Paper