Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Entry 1

I almost fell over when I found out that the theme for this class was to be about the paranormal. I am what you might consider a chicken. I do not watch scary movies, I ventured into one haunted house (which was Waverly Hills), and generally am freaked out by anything to do with the paranormal.
I am hoping to get through this with the least amount of nightmares possible. As apparent by utter disdain for the paranormal, it is safe to say that I do believe in it. I walked unwillingly through Waverly Hills and I have to say that something was not normal. I am however a skeptic when it comes to ESP, channeling, telepathy and phychic abilities. I am hoping to either extinguish my skepticism or solidify it. I am really trying to focus on building upon my writing techniques. I do think that this subject will make for interesting topics and there is plenty of material out there to write about. I do think it will be a great semester and if nothing else a step outside the box of traditional topics.

1 comment:

Professor Stacy said...

I am very intrigued by your response to the topic. I look forward to your responses to other assignments. I really hope the theme doesn't cause nightmares!